This is a super moist delicious grain free bread! Enjoy!
- 2-3 ripe bananas (approx 1¼ cups mashed)
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup tignernut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*Additional butter or coconut oil is needed to grease the loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use butter or coconut oil to grease the inside of a loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 inch) and set aside.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, then use a hand mixer to blend everything together for 30 seconds. Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Peel and slice the fresh banana in half lengthwise, then place it on top of the batter.
- Cook the banana bread for 45 to 55 minutes. If the top gets too golden, you can cover with a piece of aluminum foil. Use a toothpick to test that the banana bread is cooked through.
- Remove the banana bread and let it cool for 5 minutes in the loaf pan. Then slice it up and enjoy.