Roasted Steelhead trout
Serves 5- 7 people
I use Earth Balance as a dairy free butter alternative. I prefer the Soy Free version. It’s absolutely delicious and you will not miss cow’s milk butter at all!
- 16 ounces of fresh Steelhead Trout
- 1/2 cup of dairy free butter, melted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1.2 tsp or a pinch of celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp to 1 tbsp Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- Preheat your oven for 400*
- Rinse off your fresh cut of trout and set aside drying with a paper towel
- In a bowl, pour in the melted butter, the lemon juice and add the dash of cayenne pepper.
- Using a whisk, whisk the buttery mix
- Place parchment paper the length of the roaster pan You want to be able to lay the fish on the parchment paper and cover it close on all sides.
- Place the fish in the parchment lined roaster. Sprinkle with a pinch of celtic sea salt. Then generously sprinkle with the old bay seasoning
- Pour the buttery mix over the seasoned fish, careful to cover all the fish.
- Keeping the liquid inside of the parchment paper, fold the paper close over the fish.
- Place the roaster in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Carefully, take the pan out of the oven. Open the parchment paper. Check the fish with your fork. It should be cooked, and tender.
- Place the roaster back in the oven this time with the parchment opened to give a final crisp touch to the fish. Cook on broil for 2 minutes, then remove.
- Enjoy warm!